Internship in Embedded & Automotive Systems
Internship in Embedded Systems
The Internship in Embedded and Automotive Systems is a one month professional programme that expands knowledge and comprehension of embedded systems.
We Offer Embedded Systems Internship for students which includes ARM7 Core Architecture Programming, Embedded C, and Protocols. Students who have a passion for technology and are looking to explore their career in the field of Embedded Systems can now do so with Cranes Varsity’s Embedded Systems Internship program. The program is designed for students who want to gain hands-on experience in the field of embedded systems.
The internship program in the embedded system from cranes varsity is designed to impart technical foundation in embedded systems to the budding engineers, the internship program trains internees on various topics of embedded systems which includes building core expertise on embedded concepts, Microcontroller programming, and external peripheral interfaces, also students get the hands-on idea about automotive domain.
Concepts learned and hands-on experience during the time of internship program enable interns to apply for better job opportunities, bring self-confidence, and the ability to build their project development
The program is designed to develop comprehensive technical skills and core domain skills. Rigorous training sessions by experts and an evaluation process will not only ensure the learner will have the necessary skills but also be ready and proficient in developing applications. A capstone project at the end of the training will help the learner to have the familiar with real-time challenges and provide the solution.
- Master C programming concepts from the ground up.
- Understand the special features of C: pointers, header files, null-terminated strings, buffers, and IO.
- Comprehensive study of embedded systems.
- ARM Architecture and NXP’s LPC2129 Controller for developing Embedded Systems.
- It covers different peripherals like Timer, Interrupt,
ADC, and communication protocols.
- The sesions are supplemented with lab exercises.
Tools and Resources
- Linux OS
- Gcc 8 and above
- Keil MicroVision
- LPC2129 Development Board
Course Content (Syllabus)
- Historical Development and features of C
- Compilation Process (Source Code – Executable File)
- Sample Program
- Variables, Keywords, Constants
- Data types
- Working with VIM
- Unary operators (++ / — )
- Binary operators / Arithmetic operators
- Assignment operators
- Relational operators , Logical Operators
- Short hand Assignment operators , Bitwise operators
- Order of Evaluation of expressions
- Formatted / Unformatted Functions
- Decision Constructs: if, .else, ternary operator
- Switch – case
- Looping Constructs: while, do-while, for
- break and continue
- Nested Loops and infinite loops
- Functions, Parts of Function
- Passing arguments to function
- Storage classes
- Storage classes specifiers : auto, register, static, extern
- Internal Linkage & External Linkage
- C Compilation Model
- File Inclusion
- Macro With and without arguments
- Macros versus constant and Functions
- Predefined Macros
- Conditional compilation
- Array and its memory layout
- Initialization of array
- Passing Array to Function
- Searching Techniques – LS and BS
- Sorting Techniques – BS and SS
- Declaring and Initializing strings, string functions
- Character Lib Functions : isdigit, isspace, isalpha ,
- Table of String Library Functions : strlen, strcpy, strcmp, strcat etc
- Debugging using GDB
- What Is a Pointer?
- Pointer Declaration
- Pointer Arithematic Operation
- Relation between Pointers and Arrays
- Advanced Pointers : NULL pointer, Pointer to a constant , constant pointer
- Pointer to Array & Array of Pointers
- Function pointer & Void pointer
- Converting String to integer using atoi
- Declaration of Structure and Structure
- Memory allocation Concept and accessing Structure Members
- Passing Structure to Function by value / Address
- Array of Structure
- Nested Structure
- Self referential Structure
- CPU Architectures: RISC CISC, Little endian vs. Big endian vs. Bi-endian
- Memory alignment
- Memory classifications
- Types of Main-memory
- The memory Hierarchy
- Input and Output – Overview
- Input and Output – I/O Controllers
- I/O Interfacing
- Input and Output – I/O Mechanisms
- Input and Output – I/O Device mapping
- Memory mapped I/O
- Features of ARM architecture, STATES & MODES
- ARM Programmers model
- ARM7 Block diagram
- Introduction to the LPC2129 kit and schematics
- Introduction to the µvision-4 Keil IDE
- Demo: Flash Magic
- Functionality of parallel ports
- Programming of the LED, BUZZER
- Programming of the LCD
- Understanding the concepts of TIMER basics
- Application of Timer
- Usage of Timer Registers
- Programming Timer block with respect to different applications
- Timer’s Match register
- Introduction to Interrupt concept
- Vectored IRQ and Non Vectored IRQ
- Understanding of the Registers related to Interrupts
- Programming interrupt block with the reference of the External Interrupts
- Applications and the usage of PINSEL register
- Introduction to ADC
- ADC Related Registers
- Interfacing Temperature sensor and potentiometer
- Introduction to WDT
- WDT Related Registers
- Resetting the system using WDT
- Introduction to PWM
- PWM Related Registers
- Generating the PWM signal
- Introduction to communication protocols
- Parallel vs Serial communication
- Introduction to UART
- Baud rate calculation
- Registers description for UART configuration
- Communication between PC and MC
- Communication between MC to MC
- Advantages and disadvantages of UART
- Introduction to SPI Protocol
- Registers used in SPI
- Different modes of operation
- Designing clock speed of the SPI
- Exceptions in SPI
- Interfacing 7 segment display using SPI
- Advantages and Disadvantages of SPI
- Introduction to I2C Protocol
- Registers used in I2C Protocol
- Different modes of operation
- Handling of Multi-master using arbitration
- Designing the clock speed
- Advance concepts in I2C like clock stretching, 10-bit addressing
- Interfacing of EEPROM using I2C
- Advantages and disadvantages of I2C
- Embedded Project development using wired/wireless technology such as GPS, GSM, BLE, Wi-Fi and sensors
- LPC 2129
- Raspberry Pi3
An embedded system is a combination of computer hardware and software, either fixed in capability or programmable, that is designed for a specific function or functions within a larger system.
Working Professionals with a background of BE / B.Tech in ECE / CSE/ISE/Electrical & Electronics / Biomedical / Instrumentation / Msc Electronics and any other relevant streams.
Integrated Training and Placement Program (ITAP) is the most accepted program by the industries. We also call it a PG Diploma Course. Professionals who want to change their career in domains like Embedded Systems, Software Programming, IoT, VLSI, DSP etc.
ITAP in Embedded Systems design has been structured and framed based on the industry feedback and their expectations. It emphasizes more Hands-on knowledge on respective modules, enhancing the skills and in-depth domain knowledge which make the professionals’ industry-ready.
Embedded systems are a cornerstone of the electronics industry today. Embedded systems are used in almost all the areas like consumer electronics, home appliances, industrial automation, automotive & aerospace, medical equipment, commercial and military applications.
It depends on where you want to see yourself in your career. There are good career opportunities for engineering graduates who complete Embedded Systems Training 200+ companies are looking for Embedded System Developers. Check out our Placement statistics page for a complete list of the recruiters.
Cranes Varsity is the Best Embedded Systems Training Institute in Bangalore, as we are a pioneer in Technical Training & Education services with over 20 years of acclaimed expertise. Check the following fact sheet about Cranes Varsity.
Over 20 years of qualified training experience
Trained over 1 million engineering graduates
500+ companies with over 50,000+ Cranes Alumnae
State of the Art Infrastructure with well Equipped Labs
20000+ Corporate & Defence professional trained
Partnership with Global Leaders
40+ Experienced Trainers & Consultants Equipped with Skills of Industry Demand
In which domain, Embedded Systems offer job opportunities?
Some of the companies that work on embedded Systems (Our recruiters):
Hyundai Mobis India
AK Aerotek and many more.
One of the defining factors behind Cranes Varsity’s success has been its dedicated in-house Technical Team; A rich and diverse team with many years of expertise in Research & Development, System Design & Validation, Project Development, Optimization, Debugging & Testing.
Alongside, Industry consultants & subject matter experts are engaged by Cranes to provide practical insights and trends into project requirements, designing, coding standards & testing.
The batch size is limited to 10 to ensure a closer learner-faculty interaction and to also to have enough hands-on sessions.
Yes, cranes offer weekend classes as well evening classes.
Weekend batch: 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Yes, we give the flexibility to the professionals to join multiple courses.
There is a general written test multiple choice which includes (basic engg., Aptitude and C programming)
The duration of the PGD / ITAP program is four months, and the training Fee is Rs. 51000/- with complementary hardware.
Yes, we provide course material along with a workbook for each module.
Yes, we provide a Post Graduate Diploma certificate with a grading system based on student performance.
Placed in Robert Bosch
First of all, I would like to extend my thanks to each and every member of Cranes Varsity. We were taught from the very basics of Embedded Systems Design which made it easier for students from all levels. I would like to extend my vote of thanks to cranes varsity to provide me with numerous opportunities.
Placed in L&T Technology
Cranes are one of the top embedded training institutes in Bangalore. It has been a wonderful learning experience in Cranes Varsity. The training in every module of embedded systems at Cranes was effective. It provides a good platform for embedded systems. Cranes helped me get a job in the embedded industry.
Placed in L&T Technology
It was a great experience in Cranes. My dream was to get into the embedded domain. As a fresher, it is difficult to get into the Embedded Design field, but Cranes made a huge difference in my career by giving the best training and placement assistance provided by Cranes. I would like to say Cranes is the best to choose for those who dream of embedded opportunity.
Placed in Avin Systems
I take this opportunity to thank “CRANES VARSITY”, one of the best-embedded training institutes which are helping students to get into the best company to build their career. I thank all the trainers who enhanced my knowledge in every subject and the placement team for giving me the best opportunities in the field of embedded. Thank you for all your support.
Placed in Caravel Info Systems
Cranes varsity is the best Embedded Training Institute to learn both practical and theoretical knowledge. It is the best place to gear up your career in a core embedded industry. Management and faculty member support till you get placed. They provided lots of opportunities to me. The embedded Course modules that we learnt here are systematic, and I immensely earned great knowledge.
Placed in AK Aerotek Software
I am happy for Cranes for giving a platform and providing opportunities for attending the interview. Modules test, Mock test really helps to clear any company written test/ interview. Trainers were excellent at explaining and clarifying the doubts. I am very thankful to Cranes Varsity.
Placed in Moschip Semiconductor
Cranes varsity is the best platform to improve your technical skills in Embedded System Design. Their dedication towards teaching modules and interaction with the students is commendable, which made me achieve good skills for my career growth in the electronics/semiconductor industry.
Placed in Lekha Wireless
Happy to say that I am placed in Lekha Wireless. Cranes are one of the best Embedded Training Institutes. The way of teaching in Cranes is good. I thank the management and faculty for the guidance and opportunity.
Placed in L&T Technology
If not Cranes, I would have been doing a job of not my interest and passion. Cranes provided me with the platform to start my career and knowledge about corporate life and requirements. “Thank you, Cranes” would be an understatement.